Monday 31 May 2010

2nd of the 3 tutorials:False lashes

Lashes,its such a big subect where to start:o
Recent entries by other bloggers~
Mitsu talks about popular lashes in gal
Bloomzy compares Ardell's No7 lookielikes with a pair of cheaper ones
Jenny's Ebay lashes 
Mada's Tutorial 
Hana's Tutorial  
My old Tutorial that I'm updating today:)

I think you can never read too many tutorials:)
Disclaimer: I am not a professional nor do  I think I am the best at applying false lashes,it was a requested tutorial and I thought it may  be of some use to someone.All photos taken with my  lumix  by me.I was growing my brows out as well ,so excuse the stray hairs.
Finally ~ What may work for one person wont work for everyone,practice and see whats best for you.

Personally for gyaru styles I think lashes are a must.If your lucky enough to have super long lashes then you might be able to get away with not wearing any.There are a few models who occasionally don't wear lashes (i can think of Rumi)but you can always see their  natural lashes,so I suppose the key point there is if you decided not to wear them then you need your own natural lashes to make an impact with lashings of mascara and a heated eyelashes curler.
 For me,I love false lashes  when ever the opportunity arises I wear them.I like criss cross styles, MAC#7  and flutter styles.

My favourite top lashes are~MAC#7 thou i do like my cheaper(almost identical) eylure and ardell ones too:) and some crazy cheap criss cross ones
My favourite lower lashes are~Dollywink No5 Real nude and a pair I got from Screenface in London.

Glue recommendation~I only use Duo glue and I think I always will.I've never had any problems with it,its hold my lashes in place,doesn't smell so hot but well its latex ...thats too be expected. I do highly recommed it.UK~its sold at MAC counter or you can find it (cheaper) on ebay:)


I'd suggest buying the boxes of 10 lashes off ebay,as their a good way to practice.So cheap you don't have to worry about messing up:) Same for lower lashes,buy some from ebay to have a play around with before splashing the cash on a nice pair.While some cheaper ones might be alittle more awkward to place,the practice will be beneficial.
If you can afford it I love love my MAC's but the Ardell lookalikes are a good cheaper substitute:)

Types of lashes

Strip ~aka regular old lashes for your top lid,come in varity of styles,from day time styles/natural,evening/glam and dramatic/fantasy example

Accent/half ~like strip lashes only smaller,can be easier to put on then a full lashes,good for daytime when you want something subtle or for adding to a full pair to make them a little more special.  example


Individual ~usually in clump form with a flare to them,good for natural looks.  example


Lower/Bottom ~Come in varying styles,criss cross,natural,60's ish


I brought my dollywinks from Ichibankao   and more info on where to buy lower lashes in my gyaru make up products easily available in the UK post from January.

On to the tutorial
Tutorial

What I'm using~ tweezers,Duo glues in dark tone and clear ,lashes~ Eylure's Girls aloud Nicola for the top and Dollywink No5's for the lower

Before you begin,measure and cut your lashes.You want them to start from where your lashes start and end where yours end(for ageha styles or hime it'd be ok for them to extend beyond yours a little)
Trim from the outer adge,since most lashes are designed with shorter lash in the inner part and trimming these off will makes the lashes look odd.

1.You should start with your shadow and liner done(don't forget to tight line the top lid),then curl and add mascara to ONLY your top lashes(Curl before mascara as you don't want to break/damage your lashes)
Leave you lower lashes clear(I might have abit of mascara on my lowers here as these where done at the EOTD but yours should be clean)

2.Flex the lashes between your fore fingers and thumbs to make them easier to apply.
Then apply your glue,for tops I use my dark tone so I don't have to redo my liner,I apply straight from the tube(naughty!) If your a beginner or what more control ,apply with either a cocktail stick/cotton bud or by applying glue to the back of your hand and running the lash through it.
DON'T apply the glue straight to your eye lid.
Ideally you want to apply the thinnest amount of glue possible along the lash band paying special attention to the ends,its recommend that you let it dry for a few seconds but I've put it on without waiting before and it works fine for me.Just trail and error:)

3.To attach,take your tweezers and hold the lash in the middle of the band.Place the middle down first then press the inner part down and finally the outer.You want to aim for the lashes to sit where your natural lashes start( not too far into the corner otherwise it might look odd)
DON'T place the lashes on your real lashes as you'll rip them out when you remove it ,you want the lashes to sit just above them.
TIP:you can purchase an applicator from Sally's beauty that can help with placement,I used this in the beginning when I was first practicing applying lashes:)~example and example
Once the lashes are placed gently push them up and using your fingers push them into your lid to secure.


4.How the top lash should look on your lid,
I then take my heated Panasonic curler and blend my lashes with the false ones better:)Using a traditional curler will damage your false lashes and curl/bend them oddly I've found.

5.For the lower lashes ,I use clear glue and apply them a little lower than my actual lashes,this is why I didn't apply any mascara earlier,I didn't want my real lashes inferring with the overall look.Same principle applies to the lower as for the top in terms of applying ,middle then inner then outer,however since I've cut these in half(which makes it easier to apply and can give a more natural look) these ones are quite small  so it's not so much of an issue.
Once  placed  you  gently push the lashes up,I found with Dollywinks that its not as necessary as my other lower lashes,they sit better then most.




6.Finished look with mascara on only the inner lower lashes not the outer lower lashes.

I also put in my Geo Nudy browns~NOTE if wearing lenses put them in BEFORE your make up,I can't stress that enough.I've put mine in after here, as I wasn't wearing them out(only  for demonstration).I've seen far too many tutorials where they put the lenses in after the make up and this really isn't a good idea.You can get make up reside under your lens and irritate your eye.



Ageha style(sort of)
Thought I do a Ageha style tutorial ,however when you look at Ageha you'll notice there are lots of different personal style for the models they use.So I'd recommend using their tutorials to have a play and adapt a style to your own eye shape:)
This one is the old make up style I used to do when I was more into Ageha
 
1.Start with your top eyeliner done as I've mentioned  in my previous eyeliner tutorial and then take you eyeliner from the flick towards the inner eye leaving a small gap that gets smaller the further in you get.
Once again don't apply mascara to your lower lashes.

2.Now take a kohl/pencil liner and line less then half your water line.As I've mentioned before lining the whole thing  makes your eye look smaller.Where as the purpose of Ageha make up is to make the eyes big!
I've added some white on the rest of my waterline to make my eyes pop even more:)


3.Apply your lashes the same as above.Thicker ones work best for the top lash,you can layer them up aswell.I prefer more dramatic lower lashes for this look than in my normal false lash look.


For any more images of lashes feel free to click the "False lashes" and "lower lashes" tags in the tag box on the right or below.


Hope this was of some use :) and as always the biggest tip I can offer is to practice!! x

2 comments:

  1. Hi There,

    A lady parson get a parfect look her. So she find the great beautician. I know the great beautician. They are Stay The Lashe Parlour. With eyelash extension, you would not have to go for any mascara, eyelash thickening and curling creams or any curlers. So all the women out there go ahead with those ravishing eyes with eyelash extensions. To find out more about eyelash extensions See more: mink eyelash extensions

    You are welcome
    Rose Daina


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We agree! Salon Lashe CHicago
      and the eyelash extensions products and aftercare from their mama company The Lashe®
      are the best in the Market!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Credit


Credit

Blog Layout Image - http://www.universetoday.com/55694/galaxy-pics/